MetaRuby.com is moving. Please read this

Hi everybody :couple_with_heart_woman_man:

I am going to be the new administrator of MetaRuby.com. The website will be run in much the same fashion, as it has until now with @AstonJ as administrator. I will, however, try to promote the website even more and, hopefully, will be having even more activity on it in the future.

@AstonJ and I have been discussing best practices since we are effectively moving all the MetaRuby data from his to my servers.

This move will happen on Monday 20th August 2018.

We will be adhering to peoples wishes about anonymizing data if you do not wish to be part of the β€œnew” MetaRuby.com. If you do wish to have your data from this site anonymized, please contact @AstonJ or me before Monday.

As already written, this move will not affect MetaRuby.com in any way, except I will take over as administrator and the site will be run henceforth from my server.

Hopefully, together, we can make this community even greater in the future. :heart:

Best,
Mads @Ohm Larsen

5 Likes

Hi All :039:

Just to reiterate what @ohm has said, he will be taking over full administration of the forum on Monday the 20th of August (so ten days from now).

@Ohm has been in the Ruby community a long time, even longer than I have, so I am positive he is a great fit for the forum and will do a fantastic job of running it :slight_smile: however if you would like your user details removed from the forum before this transfer, please PM me to let me know.

This includes any personal messages you have sent that you would prefer were removed from the database, or any threads or posts that you have made that may be of a personal nature. Just send me a link to each thread or post and I will remove these for you.

If you would like to leave the site altogether you can ask for your account to be anonymised - but there is no rush to do this, if you have registered before the 20th of August 2018, then @ohm will honour you having your account removed/anonymised at any point in the future. The same is true for removal of any threads or posts of a personal nature.

I would like to thank you all and of course our mods once again for allowing me to be your admin for so long, it’s been a real pleasure and I’m excited to see what @ohm and your mod team are going to do next :023:

Best regards,

Aston

2 Likes

Thank you @Ohm for taking on the mantel. I’m very much looking forward to the community growth here and will help in whatever ways I can.

Thank you @AstonJ for creating this resource where like minded individuals can share together in this community and for seeing it through this transition.

Thank you both. :clap: :clap: :clap:

2 Likes