Front end dev - what do you use?

We have started to use Foundation at work (as we need something fairly mainstream for clients) but I am going to be looking in to Elm, Opal and a few SASS frameworks myself.

What about you? What do you use? What do you find interesting?

1 Like

We have mostly just used Bootstrap, and Javascript with JQuery.

We are starting to use Foundation on new projects. And we’re starting to use Elm in new development.

1 Like

I’ve not really looked at it before, but liking what I see of the Bourbon family http://bourbon.io

I feel like I’ve encountered that before, but it left no impression on me. Be interested in how you feel once you’ve tried it.

1 Like

I am venturing myself on the javascript land. It is scarry but I see some light with the comming of ES6.

Currently using jspm and Vue.js, also have my eyes on Aurelia which is in beta right now.

1 Like

Bootstrap and Foundation, but lately i am interested to move toward AngularJS and everything that i can glue with it

1 Like

What made you choose Angular @fabiomux?

@AstonJ my first approach was because of Ionic, I think AngularJs is pretty good to write applications quickly, looks like well supported and i find its approach enough clear and linear to be javascript.
As a plus Foundation has an AngularJS version too.

1 Like

jQuery/UJS & Bootstrap. Also want to bring back this thread: Painless Front End Development

UJS is the front end piece everyone needs and it’s already in Rails. :slight_smile:

1 Like

React with Opal on client (and bootstrap of course), and Rails as pure API.

1 Like

Backbone originally, but our newer apps use React or Clearwater for performance and ease of development.

For CSS, we use Bootstrap moderately customized on internal tools and custom Sass stylesheets for consumer-facing apps.

1 Like