The Exam Systems division within the Faria Education Group is a small, tightly-knit group, all working remotely from different locations within the UK. We are looking for an experienced Ruby developer to help us modernise an existing legacy code-base and also work on a green-field project. The ideal candidate will have:
- Extensive Ruby experience and familiarity with its ecosystem
- Extensive experience of building secure and scalable Rails applications
- Familiarity with testing tools and techniques (RSpec, Minitest, Cucumber)
- Good working RDBMS knowledge (PostgreSQL experience would be ideal, but not strictly required)
- Familiarity with Git source control
- Be comfortable using the command line tooling either in Linux or Mac OS.
Additional knowledge of C, Java or a functional language would greatly enhance your application, as would AWS experience.
In return, we offer:
• Interesting and challenging work
• Fully remote setup (occasional meetings in London or Cardiff may be required)
• Friendly and knowledgeable team environment
• Competitive market rates
• Initial 6-month contract with potential renewal
If you are interested, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org