Ruby Developer – East London - £65K + benefits
Our client, a leading Tech company based in London are seeking a Ruby on Rails Developer. They have great plans for the future of the company and a big part of those plans involve our public facing website platforms as well as our internal tool suite. As such we are looking for a Web Developer to be responsible for the delivery of new features for these.
We work in a fast paced environment where innovative ideas and projects come to life. As Web Developer you will work within an Agile development team, working closely with Business Analysts who will manage the requirements whilst you deliver the right technical solutions to the business on time and on budget.
As a full stack developer you will be getting your hands dirty in all aspects of an application, from the front-end world of HTML, CSS and JS to the backend side of Ruby on Rails and API’s as well as the DevOps world of Linux and AWS.
You’ll love technology, be comfortable working across the full stack and have a real passion for making things happen and making things easy for others.
As well as being a technology expert, as a developer you will be an exceptional role model, promoting best practices, learning and development as well as introducing a culture of sharing and collabaration. It is important you engage with the wider community and are always abreast of emerging practices in the technology front, whether it is new tools, a new process or approach.
• Solution Delivery - Full end-to-end delivery of new features with involvement throughout the entire development life-cycle, from inception to deployment.
• Application Ownership - You take ownership of your applications. You don’t ship code over a wall but take full responsibility of the application once it goes live, monitoring for issues/exceptions and correcting them if they arise.
• Optimise Development - As a proactive member of the team you’re always looking for ways to automate and optimise in order to improve processes and/or deliverables.
• Technical Solution Design - You take pride in delivering technical solutions that account for both business and technological considerations. You will engage with other business teams and colleagues as well as third parties to assess project feasibility, time/cost estimations and leads on the design for the delivery of technical solutions.
• Team Communication - Daily communication and collabaration with the development team and internal stakeholders to deliver solutions, share knowledge and facilitate issue resolution.
• Technical Innovation - Engage with the wider development community and bring new technologies into the business that can help promote innovation and support the company vision.
• A seasoned full stack developer (both front- and back-end) with at least 4 years’ experience developing web-sites and web applications.
• Solid commercial experience in Ruby on Rails.
• Good understanding of databases, relational (MySQL) and NoSQL.
• Familiar with typical cloud hosting stack - AWS, Linux, Apache, MySQL
• Experience working with Web API’s (JSON, Rest, SOAP)
• Familiar with Agile development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban) and related tools (Jira).
• Familiar with TDD/BDD development methodologies.
• Familiar with version control (Git, GitHub)
• Have a general passion for architecture, patterns and development principles and best practices. Always keen to learn new things.
• Team player. Passionate for collabarating with, helping and supporting others.
• Desire to do whatever is needed to get the job done and make a difference.
• Willing to work hard, work smart but still have plenty of fun along the way.
• Open to fresh ideas, thinks outside the box and excited by change
• The ability to self-motivate and time-manage effectively.
• Driven to understand the ‘why’ behind everything and the ability to apply this to problem solving.
• Revel in being a playful geek - you never shy away from a challenge and make magical things happen on a regular basis.
PLEASE CLICK LINK TO APPLY (ONLY APPLY IF BASED IN THE UK)
DDI: 0208 614 7320